What do I need to apply?
To apply for a study permit, you need:
- An acceptance letter from a designated learning institution;
- Proof of identity (such as a passport or travel document) for you and any family members who come with you to Canada;
- To be a law-abiding citizen without a criminal record;
- Proof that you have enough money to pay school fees and support yourself and any family members who come with you while you study; and,
- To assure an immigration officer that you and any family members who come with you will leave Canada after you finish your studies.
Depending on your citizenship, you might also need:
- To pass a medical exam; and/or
- To get a temporary resident visa (or “entry visa”)
Get your study permit faster through the student direct stream
Do you live in China, India, Pakistan, the Philippines or Vietnam? You might be able to get your study permit faster by applying through the Student Direct Stream.Our immigration services include flexible options where you can choose between Full Representation and Do-It-Yourself file review.